Metaprogram Patterns in Business NLP
In Business NLP, metaprograms are unconscious filters that people develop to allow themselves to handle the high level of information and stimuli they receive. Of all the metaprogram patterns, the following six make the most difference in business:
The Logical Level model in Business NLP contains a number of different levels, and a hierarchy which illustrates the relationship between the parts. Change can happen at one or more of six levels:
- The environment level describes the situation. This level answers the questions where? when?and with whom?
- The behaviour level refers to what people say and do within the environment. It answers the question what?
- The capabilities level includes the skills and knowledge that direct people’s behaviour in the environment. This answers the question how?
- The beliefs and values level encompasses those things that are true and important to people within the situation. They answer the question why?
- The identity level is people’s sense of self or their roles. It answers the question who?
- The purpose level is about how people connect to something bigger than themselves. It answers the question what for?